Thursday, January 12, 2012

Well maybe not....yet

I've been welcomed to the hard knocks of being a freelancer this week.  Many of you know I was supposed to head out for Chili Peppers Tuesday but got an email the day before saying "the tour has been postponed until March due to injury."  Yeah the lead singer broke his ankle and is having surgery.  Someone should tell him he should be more careful, its affecting my life!  So I've called about everyone I know for work.  I've gotten a few little jobs here and there, but the best deal is working for my old employer at the arena.  It's a 9-5 job installing security cameras.  Yeah not as glamorous as chili peppers but they are totally flexible.  I can ask off for whatever time I need to do other shows and it sounds like it can keep me busy through March.  Well, if anyone has any prima donna artists like Prince that need a sound tech, I'm your man.  I won't get fired!

http://stadium-arcadium.com/11-01-2012/red-hot-chili-peppers-reschedule-tour-2012-anthony-kiedis-injury-foot-im-with-you-tour/red-hot-chili-peppers-news/article15444

In the meantime I'm staying busy... 2000 pieces thanks to me, Brad and Kristen.  

1 comment: