Monday, December 5, 2011

Lost a few good men

I'm sad to say the FOH guy super Dave was fired at the show in Montreal.  Also the system's tech Greg was also fired.  This happened around 6pm right before the show.  Prince had hired a backup engineer for all the shows and he stepped in.  Pretty crazy.  From what I heard they were escorted from the building.  Good news is I'm still here.  We had another close call with Casey, one of our stage techs.  He was relaying audio changes from Prince to FOH during the show and I guess they weren't happening to his liking so Prince walked down to Casey and said "Please leave now, I have no more use for you."  We think Prince thinks he's fired so we make sure they don't see each other.  Yeah it's crazy.

The long hours have not stopped.   A typical day is 20 hours.  We just finished a 2-in-a-row.  They decided on our day off we would load-in early.  So half was spent driving and the other half loading in.  Then today we were here at 7 in the morning.  We have the next 2 days off but it's a 31 hour drive to Winnipeg.  Thank God for bus internet and directv.  Hopefully we'll all get some much needed rest.  We're all getting a little testy with each other.

Also from what I hear, Prince is very concerned about his image especially on the internet.  I probably could get in trouble for half the stuff on here.  For example, it's someones job to destroy the black setlist in the next picture every night. You stop asking the question "why?"  He's a crazy dude.

Princes guitar pedal setup

Greg and I enjoyed a couple Cubans the night before he was fired in Montreal.


FOH setup.  Mario, protools guy, talking with the bass tech.

Theater guys... It's hard to see but there are 3 steel structures just past the video board in the ceiling.  They pivot down from the left to become the fly system for half house theater shows.  You can see the theater grid above it.  This is in John Labatt arena in London, Ontario.


No comments:

Post a Comment