Friday, September 2, 2011

Back in the USA

It's good to be back in the country.  Funny they really don't like Discover card in Canada.  I don't even think they know what it is.  Oh well, other than the funny money and extra cell phone charges, it's actually a pretty nice place.  I'd love to go back to Vancouver.  At least in the summer.   Lots of little shops and people walking around on the streets, and not just the homeless.  Unfortunately the shows in western Canada and yesterday in Seattle have been poorly attended.  At most 5,000 people where we were used to selling out 20,000 seat amphitheaters back east.  Who knows.

So one of the reasons it's taken me so long to write is because I've been dog sick for the last 5 days.  Not fun. We had a 15 hour drive last night and I slept every minute.  Our bus from the very beginning was known for people getting sick.  At this point I think everyone has been sick at least once.  Aaron was bed ridden for 3 days and finally a doctor came and told him he has strep throat.   I'm thinking of seeing a doctor soon if I don't get better.  It's not that bad, Advil and Nyquil have been my friend.

Sadly in Milwaukee my favorite group of the tour so far, left us.  Manchester Orchestra.  They are heading to Europe for a tour through December and then taking a break.  Their music is very emotional in a rock and roll sense and the lyrics are equally emotional and thought provoking.  That's why it was very awkward and funny that the members of blink bought dancing girls that came out during their set.  The girls danced around the band members and patted their foreheads with a towel while they were playing.  The band just kept going and the lead singer even said at one point "This is what you call a tour prank"    If your'e in to indy rock check these guys out.

We had two days off in Vancouver, mostly pent up in the hotel room, but here are some cool photos while I was out.


This was the view for a lot of the ride to Vancouver


The hotel had two dogs that wandered around.  Very benign, almost seemed drugged.  Lots of people would pet them and be on their way.  Not sure the reason.  Plus Sean trying to find us a place to eat.



 Vancouver on the water.


Here's the shack they put us up in. Peasants. 


This was funny, they made the whole crew where hi-vis vests and helmets for load-in and load-out.  Unfortunately the picture of me in the helmet got lost.  :)  The sign is hanging from the 112' steel and says "Danger: Overhead work in progress, hard hat required"


Here you go Steven.  Rogers arena has 6 clusters of 13 dv with 2dvsub. Plus 2 hangs of 8 SB218 near the middle.  This is the side they had down.  The other side the pulled up to the grid to get out of the way.  


At this point just trying to get better, but still having a great time.  I just looked and we have 2 days off in Minneapolis coming up.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. so were you planning on bringing one of THOSE girls home for Christmas?? :) LOL

    ReplyDelete